Happy holidays! This season is always a busy one, but it’s so important to make some time for the two of you. Here are a few of my favorite ways to enjoy one the most wonderful time of the year!
2. Visit a holiday market. Shop for unique gifts, enjoy window shopping or try some festive treats.
3. Take a candlelit tour of George Washington’s Mount Vernon. Find all the details here. You’re bound to get in the holiday spirit at this historic place.
5. Enjoy a holiday-themed theater performance. Check out this list of winter shows at Destination DC.
6. Start a new holiday tradition for just the two of you. Maybe it’s watching a holiday classic while sipping on a festive beverage, picking out a new ornament for your tree every year (one of our favorites) or trying a new restaurant with a holiday brunch menu.
7. Explore DC museums. There are so many options in the city, and winter is the perfect time to check them out!
8. Stroll down King Street in Alexandria. Whether you’re enjoying the holiday decor, shopping at the unique boutiques or trying delicious cuisine, Old Town has so many options.
9. Make homemade hot chocolate together. Stay cozy and enjoy a tasty treat with this recipe. Add in a splash of Baileys or Kahlua for an extra festive touch.
10. Celebrate the New Year!! Looking to ring in the new year in style? See the exciting events going on in the city. Or stay cozy at home with a bottle of champagne, candlelight and your favorite movies. Either way, take a few minutes to get excited about all the adventures you’ll have together in the new year. Cheers to another amazing year together!!